WAIGAON TURMERIC (GI Tag)
Waigaon turmeric has also bagged a GI tag in 2016 under the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999. Waigaon turmeric is specific and unique in many forms. It has tremendous opportunities for agro-processing. Turmeric extract has a big potential in pharmaceutical, dairy, confectionery, dairy, and many food processing industries.
Although the normal curcumin content in turmeric by weight is 2 to 4 percent anything above 5 percent is considered good. According to the Spices Board of India, Waigaon’s turmeric curcumin content is 5-7 percent by weight.
• This is a unique variety that matures in a short period and grows under rain-fed conditions.
• Color of Waigaon turmeric is dark mustard yellow as compared to other turmeric varieties
• Little quantity of Waigaon Turmeric is sufficient to increase the color of food.
• Texture of this turmeric powder is very soft.
• It has a unique taste, enriches in oil content, and a pleasant aroma.
• Aroma of this turmeric is very pungent, still attractive.
• Whole dry turmeric finger sets are very thick and solid (fleshy).
• It has special medicinal value.
• Cultivation is in an organic manner
|Product Name:||Waigaon Turmeric (GI Tagged)|
|Type:||Polished, Unpolished and Powder|
|Curcumin Content:||5% to 6%|
|Variety of Turmeric Available:||Waigaon Turmeric|
|Packing Type:||Loose Packing, Pp Bag, Packets, Plastic Bag|
|Packaging Size Available(In Kg/In Ton):||As required|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||1*20 FCL|
|Payment Term:||L/C at sight 100%, T/T|
|Delivery Time:||15 Days from the date of confirmed order|